Saturday, December 5, 2009

Running Lately

Well, Lance and I have been recovering physically, mentally, and emotionally from the brutal beating Atlanta handed us. We went on our first "real" run yesterday at the Intramural fields, and we ran 3.27 at a 7:38 average pace. It was nice and felt really good to actually run again. Our legs felt good, I was still a little tired. We ran on the IM fields because of the soft grass and we didn't think we need anymore pavement beatings right now. It was very muddy, which I didn't like too much but I lived through it.
Today, Lance and I went to the gym and I ran 7 on the treadmill. Yes, I would much rather run outside but I have a tad bit of a fear, especially right after a marathon, that I will get out 6 or 7 miles and get a really bad pain somewhere and miserably have to hobble back to where I started. But the little run today was nice and I'm ready for the road and outdoors again, even if it is FREEZING!
Lance and I will officially start training for Mercedes on December 14, until then we will just be making sure our legs are fresh, while still getting in some non-training runs. We are excited, and still trying to plan our 2010 races. Right now, we just have Mercedes for sure. It's a little tough to plan for anywhere we need to travel to because I have classes on Friday (GASP!)! I know, it's awful. I haven't had Friday classes in at least 4 semesters, so I'm not sure how I feel about it. But, we are trying to find some other races to cover more of our 50 states marathon tour :) Oh yeah, if I haven't announced this before- Lance and I have set our goal to run 50 marathons in 50 different states. It's kind of hard because we don't want to run 2 or 3 in, say Tennessee, but there are so many fun ones throughout the year Tennessee offers. We have found a lot of fun races that we can't wait to have the opportunity to run. Eventually, we will have the chance to get them all run :) It may take us 20 years, but we have a start. I have 3 states covered and Lance has 2.... The difference: I have checked off Massachusetts, but don't be alarmed- if I requalify I WILL be back to have a rematch on the Hopkinton to Boston course!
Hopefully our posts will get more frequent and exciting in the next couple of weeks, until then we will be resting our legs! Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment