Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Fractures, Pain, and Inflammation...OH MY!

Well, the title says it all. Lance and I are sedentary. We are finished running for at least a few months, why, you ask.... Lance can barely walk thanks to plantar fasciitis, and I go back to the orthopedic doctor on Monday for an MRI...yep, stress fracture...in my HIP.
Now that I think about it, my hip has been hurting pretty badly for about 3 months. I went to the doctor yesterday thinking I had a pulled hamstring. After a thorough examination, my doctor said I had no muscular problems, but there was a line around my hips/thigh bone on an x-ray and it was very painful anytime he pressed down on the outside of my hip. Monday,we will have a verdict.
Up until today, Lance has been running consistently. He ran 11 miles yesterday, but woke up this morning with severe pain in both feet. After hearing my news yesterday, he has decided to also sit out until his feet heal.
I don't mind the time off, I just wish it wasn't FORCED time off. I am still not sure how I feel about this injury, but if it is a stress fracture, I may be re-thinking marathon running. Maybe I should just bronze my Nike Victorys and stick to the itty bitty 13.1 half marathons. A retirement announcement may be in order, but I'll make that decision later.
Nothing can rain on our parade, though. We are 78 days away from the wedding and my sweet fiance and I are ready for our very first Christmas together! It is such a blessing to spend this special holiday around the people I love the most. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment