Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lately...

Lance and I have been taking some time off from running the past couple of weeks to get ready to start training all over again. We start our new training this week, on Tuesday. We've had enough time off that I don't dread it, it's just not the first thing I am looking forward to :) I am crossing my fingers everything feels nice on that first run, and not too achy. Since the marathon, Lance has been treating his plantar fasciatis and I have been battling left knee and right hip pain. I don't think it's anything new, the hip (which is actually more of my butt) is from my new tight hamstrings that won't go away, and the knee problem can be fixed by my dear, sweet chiropractor. Going to the chiropractor is definitely on my list of favorites. Lance has been treating his feet with tart cherry juice, Bromelain supplements, pineapple, salmon, and some rest. It seems to be working very well. Bromelain is our new favorite supplement, it is a natural anti-inflammatory that is found in the skin of pineapple. Tart cherry juice is something else he researched and is suppossed to help fight inflammation- it is VERY tart, but also a winner.
The new training plan is pretty intense, well at least for Lance. I am going to get in as much as I can, but my goal is to not get too sick of running. This last training wore me out, and I ended up running a marathon with an exhausted body. Who knows, we will see how everything worked out in February :)
Well, Christmas is only 12 days away! I finish up classes with my last final on Tuesday. Lance has everything in place to start collecting data for his research, and the wedding is only 88 days away! In less than three months, we will be married! I can't wait. I was thinking about all the joys and blessings this past year has brought. This time last year, I was getting ready to start training for Boston. I had no idea I would train a little, get injured, barely train, bomb Boston-but still finish!, meet the love of my life, and be planning a wedding that will happen 3 months into the new year. I don't know what I did right, but I am so thankful. 2009 has been a fabulous year, sure there have been hard times and not so fun times, but all the great and wonderful things FAR outweigh the bad. I have been so blessed with this incredible life. I can't wait to see what is in store next for me, and my sweetheart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment