Monday, March 22, 2010

Wedding Wedding Wedding

Since there is so much to catch up on, I decided to break the posts up for the wedding and honeymoon updates. So, here goes with the wedding review :) I could sum it all up into one word...PERFECT! But, I will elaborate :)

I guess the whole wedding day process kind of begins with rehearsal day. Thursday morning, Lance and I departed for the first time in a while. He went to stay with his family who had just arrived in town while I did some fun stuff with my bridemaids. That afternoon, my sweet MOH/best friend, Linnzie, stayed with me and we got ready for rehearsal. Of course, Lance and I had coordinating, wedding color themed attire :)


Rehearsal and dinner were great. It was so wonderful to have so many special people under one roof :) After rehearsal, Lance and I split ways not to see each other again until the big doors swung open and I was walking down the aisle :)

Now, on to the fun stuff! Wedding day finally arrived! It only seemed to take forever, and in an instant it was gone, but I promised myself I would enjoy every second of it....and that I did. My best friend, Linnzie, spent the night with me after rehearsal...no worries, no parties, we crashed about 10 pm :) We woke up the next morning to open my sweet wedding gift from Mr.Haney. A beautiful engraved jewelry box.  He had engraved the sweetest little love note on it and it plays "My Girl" when opened. I got Lance Newton running shoes, they are his own little piece of heaven.  
I had to check us in online for our flight the next morning to Jamaica, but ran into many complications and ended up in tears over the airlines.  Our wonderful travel agent, however worked everything out, and we were able to handle everything at the airport the next morning. After the stress from the airline, I went for a little treadmill run to calm my nerves.  My sweet, amazing, incredible bridesmaids arrived at my house early afternoon along with my hairstylist who did all of our hair, and an amazing job at that! We had the best time just hanging out and relaxing with each other.  I don't know how many people can say this, but I had the best bridal party ever. They are beautiful on the inside and outside. These 4 girls are truly my BEST friends,each one of them has stuck by my side through every good time and bad. I didn't ask any of them to be my bridesmaids out of fear for hurt feelings or to make sure everyone was included which is sadly what some brides must do to avoid hurt feelings, I asked my girls because I could not imagine such a special day without them.



 I was a very calm and excited bride. I had no need to worry or be frantic, I was about to marry my prince charming. We got to the church a little before 5, which we were a little late from my specific itinerary, but I tried not to be too bossy. I was so excited, but had a little anxiety... I had to fit in my dress! All the girls got ready because it took an army to get me in mine so I had to wait! They looked beautiful, the dresses were all perfect. Finally, I couldn't take the wait any longer and had to get in my dress. It went on perfectly.  Everything came together more perfect than I could have ever imagined. Our photographer was incredible, Candace and Tyler Hilley. Tyler shot the guys and Candace took the girls for pre wedding pictures. They were so fast and awesome. We were ahead of schedule. So, we had some time to sit and wait...thankfully we had the sweetest ring bearer and flower girls to entertain us.
Finally, it was wedding time.  My bridal party and I left the brides room and went upstairs to wait on our ques to walk. We had some time to wait around while the video played and parents walked.  Again, thank goodness for those sweethearts in the picture above. I have never laughed so hard at such a needed time. They were so sweet and giggly. Madison and McKenzie, the flower girls kept saying, "I am just SO EXCITED!" Asher, the ring bearer, was flirting with the girls and giggling the whole time....it was precious.  I was fine and very held together UNTIL it was time for Linnzie to leave me and get in line to walk. We have been BEST friend since we were 2 years old and been through EVERYTHING together. I told her I loved her and thanked her for everything, we burst into tears....I  pulled it together and met my daddy. He did so well.  It was finally time to see my sweetheart.  The doors burst open while the wedding march was playing. I couldn't look at anyone standing, my eyes were focused on the most handsome man I had ever seen standing at the end of the aisle, Lance.
The service was perfect. We had two officiants, both who are very dear. Rev.Wayne Shelton who was my pastor  growing up and like another daddy to me, and Rev. Chris Wilson who is the current pastor at our church in Corner. When Chris and his family came to New Temple, and Lance and I met them we just fell in love with them. Our ring bearer is actually their son :) So it meant so much to have both of them performing our ceremony. Bro. Wayne began with the marriage sermon. I have a FAVORITE bible verse and have always said it would be displayed at my wedding, and you bet it was. It is Song of Songs 8:6-7 and says:
       Place me like a seal over your heart,
       like a seal on your arm;
       for love is as strong as death,
       its jealousy unyielding as the grave. 
       It burns like blazing fire,
       like a mighty flame.
  Many waters cannot quench love;
       rivers cannot wash it away.
       If one were to give
       all the wealth of his house for love,
       it would be utterly scorned.

It was framed by my bride's cake and on the spread of our programs. Bro. Wayne begins the marriage sermon and he has based in on this verse. I found out later he had no idea how precious this verse is to me. When he was waiting with Chris and Lance before the wedding began, he opened the program and was surprised to see it listed... Amazing, just another perfect component. Then, Chris took over and being the funny man he is, cracked a joke that we were about to become Lancey :) It was PERFECT!  He did the rings and vows in which Lance being so precious shed tears. Again, it just made it PERFECT.  Lance kissed his bride and paraded me back down the aisle. We were MARRIED!   We had to run downstairs and cut the cake before returning for more pictures.... This is what we found:

Michelle McLaughlin did our cakes and we can't say enough great things about her.  That girl is talented! We could not imagine more perfect cakes! She also did these to complete our Auburn table:

We finished our pictures together, again with our amazing photographers and headed down to our reception. We were so blessed with all our wonderful friends and family who came to celebrate this exciting occasion with us. My mom has amazing friends who spent the week decorating, and it was truly breathtaking. Our sweet friends from Auburn who introduced us, Blake and Traci, made the journey to Corner, AL for our wedding along with many sweet friends of ours who we are so glad we got to spend this time with.  We left in a beautiful antique car, then spent the night at the Tutwiler hotel in dowtown Birmingham.  The most exciting part was tearing into the reception food that had been packed for us. We had hummus, shrimp, fruit, cheese. veggies, crackers, cookie dough from my sweet mother :), and CAKE!! It was heavenly.

Marriage is such a blessing and we can't wait for the rest of our lives together. We watched our wedding dvd last night upon returning to Auburn and I told Lance I never want to lose that look I had for him at our wedding. That is my prayer and desire. I love my husband more than words can describe and am so proud to be his wife :)

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the wedding.  You can view them all on facebook, here is the link to the albym.

Also, we had a dvd that played at the beginning of the ceremony and have posted it to youtube, here is the link:

One more thing, we HIGHLY recommend our wonderful photographers! Their website is www.hilleyfotos.com and our pictures will be posted soon under the 'proofs' section.  They were such a blessing to have with us on our special day! Their packages are incredible and they are the sweetest couple.  From the bottom of our hearts, thank you Candace and Tyler!!!
And of course, if you live in the Corner/Dora area and haven't already heard about her, Michelle McLaughlin, our cake maker is FANTASTIC if you can't tell from the pictures above. Thank you, thank you, thank you sweet girl! We were blessed with great vendors!

Ok, here are pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment