Monday, March 29, 2010

She's got a NEW 'DO!

Yes, I have a brand new hairdo :) And I LOVE IT! I finally took the plunge and made an appointment to get rid of the LONG mop.  I wanted to cut it a long time ago, but with the wedding I wanted long, pretty hair. Now that that is over, I needed a new married woman look :) AND I found a great back-up reason- I had plenty of length to donate my locks to locks of love.  They require a 10 inch minimum, and I had about 14. 
There was only one problem, I felt really bad because my absolute favorite hair dresser is 150 miles away and I had to let a previous hair dresser chop away at the locks.  I felt like I was betraying my amazing stylist.  The girl who cut it is actually the only hairdresser I have ever used in Auburn, so I was not very reluctant to give her a call; however, it has been about 3 years since I had seen her.  I knew I had to decide on someone local to cut my hair because I can't just run home in the middle of the week anymore and spend 4 or 5 days with mom and dad just to have my hair cut. So, I called up the ex-stylist (This sounds like a crazy break up story, I know, but hair dresser relationships become very important!) and she cut away. 
Since I had decided on locks of love, you have to cut the hair in a ponytail or braid.... Here is what my 10 inches looks like.... And, for some strange reason it grosses me out every time I touch it.

And, for every person who is jealous of thick hair, don't be! The picture isn't great but here is a cross-section view of that  mop...

It had to be razored before it could even be cut because it is so thick and tough!

I have no regrets and am so glad that hair is finally gone. Best diet ever, I probably lost five pounds and have decreased the load on my neck dramatically.  What does it look like now? Well, here goes...

I love it, Lance loves it, and Maximus loves it.  Hope you like it, too.

5 comments:

  1. I donated mine a few years ago, but I barely had the required 10 inches. Someone will be truly blessed to have your beautiful locks and I love the new haircut. Hope you are enjoying married life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I think you could have curly permed it and dyed it blue and Lance would STILL love it AND you.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!! Very cute and you look so much older - like a married woman!!

    ReplyDelete